Information on this page is intended ONLY for students who apply to study in English. If you are applying through the Erasmus+ program or another exchange program, please follow the information for Erasmus+ and Exchange students.
The application period for Academic Year 2021/2022 is already closed. The application period for Academic Year 2022/2023 will be opened from December 2021 till the end of March 2022!
Information about admission procedure 2021/2022
When applying to the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering at the CTU in Prague, the procedure is very much the same as in other European universities.
The deadline for applications will be March 31st 2021
The electronic application form is deemed submitted if it is electronically completed and paid. Without the timely payment of the administrative fee, your application form will not be accepted for admissions.
All enclosures must be scanned prior to sending and the scanned copies must be sent to email@example.com
How to apply
Few simple steps:
- First of all, choose the Bachelor or Master degree study program you wish to study. As you are going to study this program for several years make sure you choose a program which meets your personal interests and you know you will enjoy it!
- Read carefully the Conditions for admission to a full-time three-year bachelor’s degree study program “Biomedical Technology” or the Conditions for admission to a full-time follow-up master’s degree study program “Biomedical and Clinical Engineering” and the Conditions for admission to a full-time follow-up master’s degree study program “Systematic Integration of Processes in Healthcare”.
- Fill in the online application form.
Pay the administrative fee: The general admission fee of the CTU in Prague is 850 CZK/approximately 33 EURO. The electronic application form is deemed submitted if it is electronically completed and paid.
The fee must be paid by a payment card online through the payment gateway directly in the electronic application to study. The fee can also be paid by a wire transfer. The administrative fee payment must be submitted to the bank by March 31, 2021, at the latest. Payments made by the wire transfer after March 31, 2021, will be disregarded and the online application won´t be downloaded to our system. However, the faculty does not recommend this type of payment due to a higher error rate while copying the data and possible longer period for connection of the payment with the electronic application form.
Komerční banka Praha 6 Account number : 27-7380010287/0100 IBAN: CZ2601000000277380010287 Swift Code: KOMBCZPP Variable symbol: 77777 Specific symbol: use application number
and send all the required documents:
Application forms for studies are filled in electronically on the web page http://prihlaska.cvut.cz (choose the English version - EN) and must be submitted in electronic form only.
Required documents for bachelor studies applicants:
- Certified copy of the secondary school leaving certificate from the secondary school with the seat in the Czech or Slovak Republic, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia or the European Baccalaureate certificate. In exceptional cases a certificate from the secondary school concerning succesful passing of the school leaving examination if the certificate is not available. In case of studies in Poland, Hungary or Slovenia, it is necessary to submit a certified translation of the school leaving certificate either in English or in Czech. (detailed info is available at firstname.lastname@example.org) as well. Applicants who at the time of application have not completed their studies shall submit the high school diploma additionally, in person, no later than by the 13th September 2021.
- If the school leaving exam was passed abroad (this does not concern the above listed countries and Baccalaureate certificate), please submit the certified copy of the Decision on recognition of foreign education on the Czech Republic and the nostrificatioon clause – please see https://www.fbmi.cvut.cz/en/students/after-arrival?section=bc for further details.
- If the school leaving exam was completed abroad (this does not concern Slovak Republic), applicants also submit the certified copy of the school leaving certificate or a confirmation of due passing of the school leaving exam and a certified copy of the transcript of subjects – everything must be translated into the English language. The translation to the English language must be carried out by a sworn translator.
- Cover letter in the English language
- medical certificate
Required documents for master studies applicants:
- Certified copy of a diploma and a diploma supplement from previous university studies from a university with a seat in the Czech or Slovak Republic (in exceptional cases a confirmation from the university on successful passing of the final state examination and the transcript of passed subjects if the diploma is not available). Graduates of the Faculty of biomedical engineering of the CTU from the academic year 2020/21 do not have to submit this confirmation. The applicants who have not completed their studies in the bachelor degree study program by the time of submitting their application shall present the respective documents later, but no later than by the 13th September 2021.
- If the university was completed abroad (this does not concern Slovak Republic, Poland, Hungary and Republic of Slovenia), the applicants shall submit a certified copy of the Certificate of recognition of foreign university education and qualification in the Czech Republic (nostrification). You can find detailed information on the web page: https://www.fbmi.cvut.cz/en/students/after-arrival?section=mgr
- If the university was completed abroad (this does not concern Slovak Republic), applicants must also submit the certified copy of a diploma and diploma supplement (if there is no supplement, then the list of passed subjects) – everything must be translated into the English language. The translation to the English language must be carried out by a sworn translator.
- Cover letter in the English language
- Where to get more information - Bc. Veronika Jirotková
- Entrance examination in English - consist of the motivation letter in English (information and questions how to write the motivation letter are listed in Conditions for admission) and Interview in English (ability to communicate effectively in English will be verified by an interview through SKYPE on an announced date between April 6 - April 16, 2021 / May 10 - May 14, 2021.).
After completion of the electronic application form and its timely payment, we would like to ask the applicants to send us their SKYPE contact details immediately by email. We also recommend to scan all the above documents and send them by email prior to their sending by mail. In both cases, please send the documents to the address email@example.com
- Get information about accommodation and apply for accommodation in Prague and confirmation of accommodation at a CTU dormitory. KEY Accommodation information for 1st year accepted students.
- Tuition fee payment - Study related fees (fees for the studies in the foreign language are listed below).
Bachelor Degree: CZK 55 000 (approx. EUR 2150)/semester Master Degree: CZK 66 000 (approx. EUR 2580)/semester Doctoral Degree: CZK 500 (approx. EUR 20)/semester
- Students of the bachelor study program and students of the follow-up master study programs in the English language and studying for the standard period time are entitled to a special scholarship. More information in the Conditions for admission.
- Get your health care insurance.
- Apply for a visa (long term stay) at the Czech Embassy in your country. Mrs Kulhankova will help you to get all the necessary documents for your application.
- In addition, please start to inquire about the requirements for your visa. The Czech Embassy serving your country will give you all the details. See:
- Read what is necessary before your arrival.