Applications for student mobility in academic year 2018/2019 have been completed.
New applications were open from 6.11. till 6.12.2018 for the academic year 2019/2020.
Applications for student mobility in academic year 2019/2020 have been completed.
Application + the selection procedure
The International office at the Rectorate, CTU in Prague opens up for all those interested in participating in the Erasmus programme + in the academic year 2018/2019 applications for study mobility.
Applications to the programme in the academic year 2019/20 were open from 6.11. till 6.12.2018.
Students apply throught the online application www.mobility.cvut.cz (only in Czech language) and sign up for language test (English and German). If students plan to study in other languages, they must submit language confirmation till January 18, 20187 to Mrs. Kulhánková (International Office of FBME, 4th floor, room No. B431).
FBME CTU rules for assignment of places in ERASMUS+ programme for students here.
International students in Bachelor degree level choose the study branch BMT (Biomedical Technician) and International students in Master degree level choose study branch BME (Biomedical Engineering) or PMB (Instruments and Methods for Biomedicine).
After successful completion of the test from English or German there will be an oral examination and only then, the level of proficiency will be dereminated (CEFR).
What to do if you are nominated for study abroad?
Documents before you leave:
- Comparative sheet - must be approved by the guarantor of the study branch and then submitted at the International office to Mrs. Kulhánková (room B431)
- Learning agreement
- Transcript of records (issued by the Study department of FBME)
- Application form (from website of the partner university) or if application form from online application is not printable the student will use CTU form
- Confirmation of study period - students fill in and ask for confirmation at the partner university before departure
- Transcript of records from partner university - students ask for confirmation at the partner university before departure
- Recognition sheet after return
Completion of your personal data in the application
After succesfull submission of the required documents, the partner school (according to their requirements) and International office of FBME will send you an e-mail message concerning completion of the information in your application at http://www.mobility.cvut.cz (all necessary information).
Contact with your partner school
After receiving your application to study, the host university should contact you to give you up to date information and discuss with various issues (changes to the curriculum, accommodation, getting there etc.). After their decision, you should get the official confirmation of acceptance for studies (Letter of Acceptance), which they should send you together with the completed study plan.
Only then should you begin to handle the other formalities e.g. health insurance, finance etc.
Accommodation + Orientation week
Submit an accommodation form in a time according to the instructions of the host university. You can find it on their website or you will get it together with the admission letter. In some universities, it is necessary to book accommodation well in advance. Some universities (Spain, Italy) do not have dormitories or accommodation provided by the University is too expensive, so the students arrange accommodation themselves.
Many universities organized The Orientation Week for their incoming students before the start of the semester. The orientation week usually takes a week and focuses on necessary formalities, registration, being acquainted with the University, getting to know other exchange students etc.. We encourage you to attend this event.
Students leaving under the Erasmus+ programme shall arrange the health insurance valid in the relevant country by themselves (insurance for all medical costs is recommended) before their departure.
Scholarship to study at a foreign University will be granted only based on a duly concluded contract.
The amount of the scholarships for the academic year 2019/2020 is set by the National Agency for Erasmus + and it is the same for all schools in the Czech Republic. There are specific grants, which vary according to the country of residence. There are three groups of countriew with the following amounts: 330 EURO/month, 450 EURO/month, 510 EURO/month.
Before signing the study contract:
- read the Financial Contract (only in Czech language) properly
- to sign the contract, you must appear in person. We recommend that you make an appointment, preferably by phone, 1-2 weeks before the scheduled time of departure. There are many students leaving the CTU each semester so please consider this while planning your appointment. You must have all the information filled in correctly at https://mobility.cvut.cz
- pass a mandatory language test - language of your studies (you will be informed by email)
- and you must provide the following materials:
- Letter of acceptance from the partner University (Letter of Acceptance), or any other document stating the length of study stay at the partner university.
- Learning Agreement endorsed by the sending and receiving University, an official form of the European Commission for Erasmus + (copy)
- Acknowledgement of health insurance for the period of studies (copy)
- Confirmation of studees and confirmation about your successful enrolment to the semester. Students leaving for the summer semester must prove that they have fulfilled all the requirements of their winter semester and enrolled to the summer semester before signing the contract.
- Application for scholarship abroad (only in Czech language) stating details of your bank account to which you want the money to be sent. If you are not the owner of this account, you must attach the consent of the account holder.
- Signed affidavit (only in Czech language)
- It is necessary that the students have a Czech bank account (CZK or EURO) so that the CTU can sent the money .
At the foreign university
All students must register at the Immigration Police of the country of the stay. The Department of foreign relations of CTU will prepare the confirmation of the being awarded the grant and of the participation in the programme.
2.Enrolment to study
Receiving institution will inform you about term of registration and all other entry formalities.
3.Confirmation of the Erasmus+ study period (registration)
Immediately upon your arrival at the receiving institution please ask for the confirmation of the beginning of your stay. Your date of arrival and enrolment must correspond with the date of the commencement of the stay referred to in your financial contract.
4.Communication with the Department for foreign relations at CTU
Please sent your contact details in the foreign country to (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) (e-mail, home address, contact phone, fax, etc.. This allows us to inform you about any changes in the funding and about any other important matters.
5.Changes to the Learning Agreement
If you expect any changes in your studies after your arrival at the foreign university, compared to the originally approved Learning Agreement, you must make these changes as soon as possible by filling in the Changes to the Learning Agreement. Both institutions should sign the form. Firstly, consult the changes with your faculty and guarantor of your study branch. Please sent the completed form to the International office of FBME to Mrs. Kulhánková. It is necessary to updated the comparative sheet as well.
Please fill in one more form before end of your stay abroad - Confirmation of your completed Erasmus+ study period. Ask International office or Study department of the partner University for signature. Submit the confirmation to the Department of foreign relations of the CTU no later than 10 days after the end of the stay set in the financial contract. It is possible to send a scan first and serve the original later.
The study period must correspond with the period mentioned in your Financial contract. If your stay will be shorter, you will have to return the money for the number of days for which you shortened your stay.
After your return
After your return back you have to submit:
- Confirmation of the Erasmus+ study period not later than 10 days after the end of your stay.
- Transcript of records from partner university
- Application for recognition of the courses under the Erasmus+ programme (only in Czech language)
- Report from your stay
If you are not able to obtain a Transcript of Records within 14 days after the end of your stay at the foreign University, you must immediately inform Department of foreign relations of CTU.
In you worked on the Bachelor or Master thesis you also need the original of the confirmation from a foreign supervisor on printed headed paper that you worked on your Bachelor or Master thesis under his/her supervision during the period from ... to ...and exactly in accordance with your Financial contract. You have to submitt this confirmation not later than 10 days after the end of your stay.
From the academic year 2013/14 students must fill out a report on the website of the European Commission in English. Students will receive the instructions (by email) how to complete the report (login name and password) on the official day of termination of the stay.